background

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Said "YES!"

On St. Patty's day 2010 the luck of the Irish was on my side in the form of a diamond. After months of anticipation the infamous question was finally asked, he was finally on bended knee and the proposal was finally made. The setting was Riverside park on a beautiful, sunny day as we walked hand in hand down the path, with the sun lowering in the sky. One minute he was standing next to me the next minute he was on one knee holding up the vintage, princess cut diamond. Of course we all know I said "Yes!"


I would soon be a Mrs. Jennifer Bumstead! The date was set for August 21, 2010. Location for both ceremony & reception is Kent country club. Theme is romantic, classic, and vintage. The coordinators & decorators  would be my favorite wedding planners, Ele3. The bridesmaids would be in J.Crew. The colors, my favorite, Barely Peach, Ivory & Champagne. The flowers, Poppies & Cabbage Roses. The decor, a mix of Luminars and Chandeliers.

With so many questions from friends and family about the details of my big day the most commonly asked question on everyones lips was who I would choose to photograph my wedding....? Good question............better answer, Kai Heeringa Photography. After going to high school with both Kai and his wife / photography assistant Kayley I knew they would be a perfect fit for us in personalities & style. I have followed Kai's work since he started using him as inspiration for many of my own images, so for me the answer was an easy one. After the engagement session I knew I had made the right choice! Here is a look at my engagement session shot downtown shot with both Kai & Kayley by Kai Heeringa Photography.






The phrase "Dream Wedding" doesn't even live up to August 21, 2010
Kai & Kyley's photos captured the magic of our wedding day in a way words can't even begin to describe.
As excited as I am to choose the final photos for our wedding album,
I'm a little scared that I'll end up with a very, very big book : )

Thank you so much Kai Herringer Photography for....absolutely everything

I'm sure you'll all agree that the finished products are amazing:












No comments: